Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Little Break




Yesterday I had a little break from the kids. My mom took the girls to spend two nights with her. Their out of town cousins are visiting, and they wanted to play with them.


While I miss my girls, it was *very* nice to have one on one time with Tiny Boy. We went shopping for school supplies. And it was soooo much more relaxing and calmer without the girls there, LOL!


Tiny Boy sat in the shopping cart quite contentedly, and pointing out things of interest to me. We played games, and sang songs. We stopped and looked at the flowers in Wal-Mart's display case. Something I've never really noticed before with all three of them. :(


I acted like one of those "goofy" moms that I was afraid to act like with my first child.


In a way, it kind of saddened me. How come I can't do that with all three of them? Why I am always in such a rush when they are all together. My mind can't seem to focus on the *important* things, because it seems that it is always focusing on the *urgent* things. :(


We went to Chick-Fil-A and split some chicken nuggets. It was so peaceful and restful! When we got home we played games, watched Curious George together, put away laundry together, and washed dishes together.


Then we went swimming in the kiddie pool.


Do any of you moms of more than one child, spaced closely together ever feel like life is just moving *too* fast? Or were you like me, and didn't notice how fast it was moving until, you were allowed to see how fast it was going by you?


When the girls get back this afternoon, I don't want to be that way anymore; but I know it is going to be struggle to stop and smell the roses when I have so much on my plate to accomplish.


Any practical suggestions?


When Sweetie starts kindergarten this Fall, I want to be a relaxed mom. Not worried about laundry, and dishes (I left the house with a sink full of dishes; something that was *very* hard for me to do, but when I got back, they were done in 10 minutes) and such.


It is so hard to balance everything I need to do; in a relaxed atmosphere.


Right now, I guess I am just rambling. But those are the thoughts that I have been thinking lately.


It is so hard for me to multi-task. It has never been a strong point. That is one of the reasons I *HATE* to cook. Because I get distracted while I am trying to focus on what I am doing.


Am I the only one out there with these types of struggles?

1 comment:

A Romantic Porch said...

Hey, It's great to hear from you. I've been wondering about you. Your blog looks great! Yes, life just moves WAY to fast. I am very emotional...one ready for college, and one ready for kindergarten. Where has time gone? Embrace each moment as much as you can. xo rachel

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP