Friday, August 15, 2008

Feminine Friday~My Favorite Shoes


I am going to try and participate in a new meme, hosted by The Barefoot Mama, called Feminine Friday. This is what Kelly says it is all about:

An outfit that you own (or a photo of a favorite look) that exhibits your femininity (does not have to be a dress...be yourself!)
A hairstyle, accessory or piece of jewelry that is special and makes you feel beautiful
Something in your home - can be non wearable, of course - that represents your femininity (it can be anything!!)
An inspiring or thought-provoking article, book review or quotation on any topic related to femininity
Feminine Friday is not about being a cookie-cutter. Share what femininity means to you and how you define modesty, beauty and being a Daughter of the King. I look forward so much to seeing what everyone shares!




So today, I am going to share with you my favorite pair of shoes


I found these shoes at no other than Payless Shoe Source. I needed some black "dressy" shoes for my husband's work's Christmas party. I had only white dressy sandals. I went to Kohl's, and couldn't find a pair of shoes that I liked for a price that I liked as well. :)




Payless was just a couple of stores down, so I checked in there, and these are what I found for $14. Gotta love Payless!

The reason these are my favorite shoes:

1. They make me feel feminine and pretty

2. They remind me of the Regency Fashion Period, which was known for it's beautiful gowns, and fashion for the ladies


An Antique Edwardian/Regency Era Shoe


A Classic Reproduction of a Edwardian/Regency Era Shoe

3. They don't hurt! LOL!

4. They are versatile. They can be worn for something really fancy, or just to church on Sunday morning.


Since these shoes remind me of the Regency Fashion period, they always turn my thoughts to my favorite all time Movie, The A&E version of Pride and Prejudice, and my favorite one of my favorite Author's Jane Austen.



Miss Austen

I love the British Regency Time period for it's Fashions and the customs of its day. Where ladies were ladies, and men were gentlemen. Here is what Wikipedia Says about the Regency Time Period:


The Regency period in the United Kingdom is the period between 1811 and 1820, when King George III was deemed unfit to rule and his son, later George IV, was instated to be his proxy as Prince Regent. The term is often expanded to apply to the years between 1795 and 1837, a time characterised by distinctive fashions, politics and culture. In this sense, it can be considered to be a transitional period between "Georgian" and "Victorian" eras. The era was distinctive for its architecture, literature, fashions, politics, and snuffboxes. It was a period of excess for the aristocracy: for example, it was during this time that the Prince Regent built the Brighton Pavilion. However, it was also an era of uncertainty caused by, among other things, the Napoleonic wars, periodic riots, and the concern — threat to some, hope to others — that the British people might imitate the upheavals of the French Revolution.
The term is sometimes used in various ways to include years surrounding the decade of the formal regency. If "Regency" is considered to be transitional between "
Georgian" and "Victorian" then it would refer to the entire period from approximately 1811 until the accession of Queen Victoria, encompassing the actual period of Regency, along with George IV's reign in his own right and that of his brother William IV. If "Regency" is contrasted with "Eighteenth century", then it could include the whole period of the Napoleonic wars.





Thanks for visiting! Please be sure to visit The Barefoot Mama for more feminine ladies. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ooooh, fun meme - I'll to have to join in sometime!

I finally answered your tag - thanks for thinking of me! It's on my blog. :)

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

What a fun meme :), your shoes are very feminine and pretty!

Have a Fantastic Friday!
Kathi :)

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

I love this post, Mommy! The Regency Era is one of my most cherished, and your shoes are so pretty and so timeless. Don't ya love Payless? ;o) I have so many pairs from there. They're all so inexpensive that you can just devour their stock, LOL!

Great shoes!

Have a wonderful weekend!

MrsMomma said...

What a great meme! I'll have to join on this. I'd probably show shoes, too! LOL, I love shoes. Or hair accessories. Hmmm....

Love your shoes! I had a white pair similar and they were so comfy!

I am also a fan of the regency period.

-Heather

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP