Monday, January 18, 2010

Simple Woman's Day Book


FOR TODAY... January 18th, 2010

Outside my window...
Somewhat cloudy with a nice breeze.

I am thinking...
About the fun time my family and I had at a *FREE* Tim Hawkins concert last night. It was just so nice to loosen up and LAUGH and LAUGH and LAUGH! Not just little giggles, but Belly Rolling laughter. ♥

I am thankful for...
For the little ways that God evidenced his love to me yesterday. In a crowd of an exuberant amount of people at the Tim Hawkins concert, I spotted a friend from our old church we moved away from.

From the learning rooms...
Finally that curriculum I wanted to experience with arrived, so that is what we will be doing

I am wearing...
Pink warm exercise pants, red shirt that says "Jesus Saves", and a pony tail.

I am remembering...
All the funny quotes from Tim Hawkins last night

Come on people! Sometimes you just gotta laugh at yourself! And if you can't
do that.....Laugh at other people! ~Tim Hawkins

I am going... Hopefully to see my 93 year old Grandma to give her, her birthday present. The kids painted a plate for her at a pottery shop.

I am currently reading...
Still Reading "The Naked Gospel" by Andrew Farley. It gets better and better. It's one of those books you need to take time and chew on it.

I am hoping...
That God gives me some direction in an area, that I keep "seeing" needs in. I want to do something about it, but not exactly sure where or how to begin.

I am hearing...
The girls cleaning their room. (Hopefully) ;-)

And Tiny Boy pretending to be Spider man

On my mind...
So much. The people of Haiti, and just what I wrote above. About God giving me direction in the area I see that has needs in.

Noticing that...
People in general are confused individuals...sigh....(giggles)

Pondering these words...

The flesh wasn't trying to produce evil-looking behavior in the Galatians.
Instead, these Christians were employing fleshly effort as a means of
perfecting
themselves (growing) in Christ! They regarded their smarts
and
moral fortitude
as the route to spiritual maturity.
~The Naked
Gospel by
Andrew Farley

From the kitchen...
Not sure what yet. Hubby is out of town, so that means I don't cook much, LOL!

Around the house...
I want to re-organize the Kitchen cabinets and pantry. Blah :-P

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Hang out with my MOPS friends at the bowling alley tomorrow, stay consistent with exercise, and be more consistent with homeschooling too. (Gritting my teeth in determination)

One of my favorite things...
The way a horse smells. I know. I am weird. I already know.

From my picture journal...

The plate that my children designed to give to their Great Grandma for her birthday (G.G.)


To read other's day books be sure to visit The Simple Woman's Day Book

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a sweet plate your children designed! Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Cassidy said...

I miss you my precious friend!!!!!
I'm glad I found your blog!!!!
Love, Cass
AThankfulMommy@aol.com

blog:
www.lullabiesandlipstick.blogspot.com

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP