(By the way... we are one of the "poor" hard working families that work for "rich" people, so I am against that idea even though we probably would "benefit" from his policy...short term at least)
In Bean's video below, a "concerned" parent left me a nice comment telling me that I am "brainwashing" my child and ruining her physic.
Ever since that comment, I have been shaking my head. There is *SO MUCH* more things to be brainwashed over than the truth. Like *LIES*. That is what brainwashing is!
It is sugar coating a lie to look so yummy that people believe the lie. And yes many children are brainwashed.
But you can't "brainwash" with the truth. The truth *is*. You can't "change" it, and you can't hide it. For those who seek "truth" sincerely, they will find it.
I am just so baffled that this "concerned parent" thinks that me teaching my little four year old that taking baby out of a mommies tummy before it is due, and then crushing it to death is "brainwashing". It is truth. It happens. Everyday. It is sickening. It is *truth* and Obama supports it.
So what? I told my little girl the truth. Such a shock! Most parents teach their kids that Santa is real. Yet they don't get accused of bad parenting, and being told that they should talk to phycologist about lieing to their children about a man that doesn't exist.
I get chided for brainwashing my child about thievery. I teach her that she isn't allowed to take that which doesn't belong to her. That which she doesn't have the money to buy. I tell her it is wrong to take money from someone so you can use it; even if you *need* it. It is wrong. That's the truth.
But Obama wants to "re-distribute" the wealth. Hmmm.... I am ruining my daughter with the truth! How completely awful.
I am told that I don't do any good with my children,(despite the fact right after that video we baked cookies to enter into the county fair and before that, we packed shoeboxes to give to underprivledge children with our own money. It wasn't forced from us), and I should be ashamed of myself. The only thing I ashamed of is that there are people calling good evil, and evil good!
*FAR* too many things are passing under our eyes that are harming our children, and people hardly notice.
1. Se*xual abuse is rampant in our country. Children are being molested and used by parents, teachers, and other adults that should be trusted in their lives. That ruins them *far* more than telling them the truth!
2. Children are being *brainwashed* in schools everyday that se*x outside of marriage is ok to do as long as it is "safe". They are educated on how to be "safe", and shown explicit po*ngraphic materials in school to "demonstrate" things. It is *disgusting* and utterly upsetting. And yet, *I* am the bad parent, because I choose to teach my child the *truth*. Something is wrong here people. Terribly wrong.
3. Children are being brainwashed in schools that evolution is a scientific fact, when all it is just a theory, based on man's mere imagination! It takes more faith to believe that this world somehow evolved into what it is. That everything works in harmony and precision, to just "Bang" together. It is impossible. Yet, we Americans are fed, and feed this garbage to our little kindergartners everyday as they sit at desks chocked full of Ritalin.
4. We have over drugged our kids for being ADD, when they are just that kids! Did you know that kids didn't *start* school until they were seven or eight years old. And finished by the time they were 16. *AND* they were smarter than today's kids? It's quite frightening! And most cases of ADD are "diaognosied" before age six? Hmmmm? Something strange there too.
5. Children are being torn apart from their families by divorce. Not many marriages survive these years. Children are harmed and ruined by this. Some make it fine; Jesus, who loves them, helps. But Most are scarred for life. I happen to be happily married; for seven years. I have passed a "danger" zone. And I am GLAD I got married! My hubby is a great guy. He is my hero, and my life is better because of him. And my kids sense the harmony between us.
So. Here is the comment that was left me, in case anyone wants to read it. I don't know who this "concerned parent" is... for all I know I could be related to them. But even if I am. That doesn't change the fact that I will *always* tell my children the truth. I won't lie to them for the sake of being "politically correct". Ever. And if Bean decided to be a Democrat when she grows up. I'll still love her. ;-) But I highly doubt she will swallow lies easily. She is very sensitive to lies. Just ask my mom. ;-)
I can't imagine how you can teach your child this kind of thing.
It's called brainwashing and you should be ashamed of yourself. Children are
canvases that you can hurt deeply and scar for life. Why not be positive and
encourage them in good ways? Please take a course on parenting so you know what
you are doing to them. You may have had good intentions but ask any child
psychologist what you are doing and maybe they can help you to not hurt their
psyche in this manner.Just trying to help and inform you of the seriousness of
parenting in an undestructive way. Thanks for listening.
And, if you have gotten this far; to lighten things up a bit, here are other parents "brainwashing" their child... ;-)