Monday, January 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Day Book January 11th, 2010




FOR TODAY... January 11th, 2010

Outside my window...
Chilly! But beautiful and Sunny, bright and clear


I am thinking...

About our MOPS meeting that went on this morning. Hoping that it was a blessing for someone

I am thankful for...
That I have a relationship with Jesus and don't have to rely on "religion" and perform for God to make myself right. Jesus did that all for me! ♥

From the learning rooms...
Going to be doing some curriculum experiencing this week. I need to find a groove that works for me. :-/
I am wearing...
Pink warm exercise pants, white socks, and a teal sweater

I am remembering...
tough times I had, and am *thankful* for them!

I am going...
Already "went" glad to be home!

I am currently reading...
The naked Gospel. More and more good stuff! Loving every minute of it! :)

I am hoping...
That the curriculum that I ordered "samples" from comes today so we can start using it tomorrow

I am hearing
My second daughter playing in her room for quiet rest time. Tiny Boy is taking a nap, and Sweetie is also "resting" but her door is closed. Oh, and the refrigerator is running. ;-)

On my mind...
Hurting people trying to please God, and having a hard struggle with it. Honestly wanting to do right but "failing" in their eyes.

Noticing that...
How far I have come and how far I still need to go

Pondering these words...
The original sin didn't outwardly appear to be evil, nor would it be ridiculed today. It might even be praised today, just as we applaud those who seek what is "right" in their own estimation. We call it integrity and self-discipline. But God wasn't pleased with the first human's decision to enter the realm of right and wrong.
God intended us to be dependent on him with no concern for morality and ethics. Adam and Eve were only to know this: the life I display is God's life. With that, they were to be satisfied. But the story of the fall is that they weren't satisfied. They were tempted to settle for a substitute. That substitute is something we call morality and ethics today~The Naked Gospel by Andrew Farley


From the kitchen...
Brown rice cooked in homemade chicken stock, with black beans, and Italian Chicken sausage. Topped with cheddar cheese and sour cream. With buttered broccoli on the side

Around the house...
I don't want to think about that! :-P So much to do to get it in order from the hectic previous week and weekend

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Go through stuff to give away for a garage sale fundraiser for my girl's home school choir. They are planning on doing an end of the year musical/production of Pinocchio

One of my favorite things...
Coffee on a cold morning!

From my picture journal...
Bean made a cocoon to sleep in on one of our coldest nights. This is what I walked into. I honestly thought she wasn't in bed, because she was so snuggled down into a little hole.
But I peeled back a cover, and found her strawberry blond hair peeking through
To View Other's Day Books please visit The Simple Woman's Day Book

No comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP