Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Swine Flu...A Big Hype???

First it was the avian flu. It scared me to pieces. I would sit up late at browsing the Internet to see any info I could find on it.
I go to Disney World eight months pregnant, caught the flu there. It was miserable. But it wasn't the Avian Flu. High fever, (104) Horrible cough, and the aches....the aches, oh that was the worst.

So when the "Swine" flu started to make the headlines, I was at first a bit skeptical. Because the Avian Flu never really caused much damage here in the US. But this Swine Flu, it was really close to the US because of Mexico.

Now, me, I am not one to run to the doctor for every aliment. I learned a long time ago, when we were on the more poorer side that it saves a great deal of money. ;-)

Since I don't run to the doctor, I have tried to learn and put into practice some natural home remedies to see if that will nip whatever I have in the bud, before I'll make a trip to the doctor. In eight years of marriage, and three kids later I have gone to the doctor about...um about 10 times, and an emergency room visit. This is not an exaggeration either. We just don't visit the doc very often.

About a week ago a friend of mine posted on her facebook that she had the Swine flu. I am like, "Oh Great! I am worried that I am going to get it now." As it seems every month I have "caught" something.

Sweetie then came down with a fever on Thursday night, so on Friday I made a trip to the health food store and stocked up on some Vitamin C, and a homeopathic flu formula. "Just in case"

Saturday night, I just sort of felt "off", and then woke up Sunday morning feeling pretty much yuck.

I began to drink my little "EmergenC's" every time I was thirsty. Then the fever came. So I began taking my homeopathic flu formula. In between that, I took heavy doses of Echencia/golden seal.

The aches were the worse thing of the whole ordeal. My head ached, my ears, jaw teeth, wrists, ankles, EVERYTHING. Motrin and warm showers helped me immensely. And sleep. After 24 hours the fever broke, the aches went away, and I thought, "nah! I didn't have the Swine flu" I didn't even get the respiratory problems. Just a little stuffy nose.

For one, the Swine flu was supposed to be worse than the regular flu right? Well, I had the regular flu, and that was about FIVE times more worse than what I had just experienced including the aches. And the regular flu lasted about five times longer, so it couldn't be the Swine Flu.

Until I saw my friend and asked her how she was doing, and if the flu was as horrible as the media is making it out to be. Her answer. No. The Media is definitely hyping it up. She said the first day was the worse, but after that, she was fine.

Did I have the Swine Flu? I don't know. But I was exposed to it, I live in an area where the outbreaks are "elevated" and had all the symptoms of the flu. Dr. Oz said that the main signs of Swine Flu were the Fever and body aches.

I certainly don't think it's worth risking your life or health on the up and coming Swine Flu shot



DISCLAIMER: What I wrote above is my own opinions. I am not a doctor, and I am not responsible for any choice you make regarding your own health.

No comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP